Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Spiritual Ecumenism : A Day Conference in London
Saturday 22 March 2003
Saturday 22 March
A Day Conference, 10-30 am to 4 pm at Westminster Cathedral Hall to celebrate the influence of Christians' "spiritual emulation" of each other, the influence of prayer for unity on the life of the churches, and the real advances in ecumenism through living in the "Invisible Monastery".
- Couturier and the Church Unity Octave in the history of Catholic Anglicans
Brooke Lunn, Editor of the Catholic League 'Messenger'
- The Anglican Benedictines of Nashdom and Blessed Maria Gabriella of Unity
The Rt Rev'd Dom Basil Matthews OSB, Abbot of Elmore Abbey (formerly Nashdom)
- Couturier and Shrewsbury, Methodism's Ecumenical Pioneer
David Carter, Joint Methodist & Catholic Theological Commission (2003 is also the Tercentenary of the Birth of John Wesley)
- The Invisible Monastery 1953-2003
Paul Renyard, Chaplain, the Living Spirituality Network
- Couturier, Spiritual Emulation and the Chemin Neuf Community
Dr Timothy Watson, University of Newcastle, and Member of the Communauté du Chemin Neuf
- Spiritual Ecumenism in Action : Pastoral Unity in the East End
Roderick Leece, Ecumenical Officer, Stepney Area of the Anglican Diocese of London
- Spiritual Ecumenism - Christian Community Restoring the Environment : Living Waterways
David Bookless, Director, A Rocha UK
- A Couturier Perspective on Human Unity and Other Faiths
Mark Woodruff, Secretary, Society for Ecumenical Studies
Click here for details of the commemorative book about Paul Couturier containing the addresses and proceedings of this conference.